Sender:
From:
Rob Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 11:27:01 -0600
John Wong wrote:

>Jon Glueckstein asked:
>
>>>Matt Williams (I called him Mike yesterday, sorry: my mistake) got a
>> ^^^^
>>
>>Umm, err, actually, would that be Max Williams, Walt?
>
>As someone from Badgerland, I'd like to confirm that indeed, it is Max
>Millaimas from Mahwah, NJ, I believe -- a town I once lived in.

Millaimas?  Is that with one "l" or two?  ;)

Max Williams is the name, hockey is his game.  (as is La Bamba!)

On another note, there has been some discussion here in Madison about the
possibility of Badger coach Jeff Sauer being named WCHA coach of the year for
leading the Badgers, who were picked to finished 6th in the preseason coaches
poll, to a second place finish.  It's gotta be either him or Don Lucia at CC.
I'll leave it at that.

Now, for player of the year in the WCHA, it seems to be down to 3 guys:
McNeil and Schmidt at CC, or Brian Bonin at MN.  Coach Sauer said on his TV
show last night that he was going to vote for Bonin because he seems to be more
of a go-to guy.  But McNeil has 30 goals this year, and that can't be over
looked, and Schmidt may be the unsung hero of the CC team.

This just in....

------------
from today's Lansing State Journal (6 March):

1. Michigan(5)                118
2. Maine(4)                   117
3. Boston University(4)       115
4. Colorado College            82
5. Bowling Green               67
6. (tie) Denver                60
6. (tie) New Hampshire         60
8. Michigan State              41
9. Clarkson                    30
10. Minnesota                  13

Wisconsin                       6
Lake Superior State             4
Vermont                         2
------------

I guess finishing in second in the WCHA, being 8th (i think?) in the RPICH,
having the 3rd toughest scedule (according to the RPICH), Taking 3 of 4 from
Denver, defeating Bowling Green and LSSU, and having a 4-1 record in their
last five games and an 8-3-3 record in their last 14 games still isn't enough
to put Wisconsin in the top ten.  Yes, I know that i'm whining...sorry.

Anyway, it's playoff time and this is when things get VERY interesting.
Good luck to everyone (even the gophers ;)) and we'll see at the NC$$ tourny
(I hope, I hope, I hope).

Rob Holmes
Meteorologist at large
UW-Madison