Sender:
From:
"John O. Wong" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 10:59:27 -0600
Jon Glueckstein asked:

>>Matt Williams (I called him Mike yesterday, sorry: my mistake) got a
> ^^^^
>
>Umm, err, actually, would that be Max Williams, Walt?

As someone from Badgerland, I'd like to confirm that indeed, it is Max
Millaimas from Mahwah, NJ, I believe -- a town I once lived in.  But no
matter, I enjoyed Walt's narratives all the same.  I must thank Walt for a
service rendered to HOCKEY-L when in fact the "locals" in Madison should
have stepped forward and rendered instead, and for some strange reason, we
rarely do.

I was in the stands among the sea of waving red to see the Badgers clinched
2nd place in WCHA league play.  The Badgers did work hard for at least two
periods, remained in control throughout most of the game, and was lucky
enough to hang on for a 7-5 win.

My impression was that MTU as a team is bigger and more physical, and had a
good game plan.  The Badgers were faster, and had better transition play.
In fact, the Scott Sanderson penalty shot was the direct result of an end
zone to mid-ice feed sending Sanderson towards the MTU goal on a lone
break.

I suspect if MTU had played tighter defence, exercise a bit more control
over its physical game, and played patiently, the game could have been very
different.  As it turned out, the game meant more to the Badgers in terms
of standings, and the Huskies probably never really expected to sweep the
Badgers in front of their home crowd.

Well, I did try to look for Walt's familiar face in the stands last Sunday.
 With the Northern Michigan Wildcats coming to town for the playoffs,
perhaps I should keep my eyes trained on Steve Christopher this weekend?
Having never met Steve, I wonder if Walt could help by posting Steve's face
on one of his web servers so that I could have a preview first?

And to our venerable listowner:  Will HOCKEY-L boast a web site soon?

John Wong <[log in to unmask]>