Sender:
From:
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 16:48:48 -0400
#7 Colgate 4, #10 SLU 3
#8 Cornell 5, #9 Princeton 4 (OT)

#10 Princeton 3, #7 Vermont 1
#9 Colgate 4, #8 Dartmouth 3 (2OT)

#10 RPI 5, #7 Vermont 1
#9 Princeton 5, #8 Colgate 4 (2OT)

#7 Colgate 5, #10 Princeton 2
#9 Yale 2, #8 Brown 1

#10 Yale 5, #7 Princeton 1
#8 Brown 7, #9 Vermont 5

#7 2-3, #8 2-3, #9 3-2, #10 3-2

RPI 1-0
Cornell 1-0
Colgate 3-1
Princeton 2-3
Brown 1-1
SLU 0-1
Dartmouth 0-1
Vermont 0-3

Attendance plays a big part in the underdog's success; the Princeton wins
over Vermont and Colgate were played in front of crowds well below
capacity, as was the Yale win over Princeton in '90. If anyone has attendance
figures for the other games, I suspect they will bear me out. If I had to
pick the greatest upset of all of these, it would be Yale over Princeton in '90;
Princeton had Andre Faust and Mike McKee (both made the NHL), a pair
of 18-goal scorers up front in Mark Khozozian and Greg Polaski, and the defense
included Sean Gorman (spent a year in the IHL), Sverre Sears (just called
up to the IHL), Jeff Kampersal (had a cup of coffee in the AHL), and
Andy Cesarski (represented the U.S. in the World University Games, played
in the Olympic Sports Festival, etc.) in addition to McKee. Yale had Ray
Latourneau in goal and not a whole lot more - and had lost to Princeton by
three goals twice during the regular season, including a 6-3 decision at
Ingalls on the Saturday before the playoff game. Letourneau made 19 saves
in the third period to clinch the Yale win.

Only 1,032 fans were on hand for the Yale '90 win.

Geoff Howell
The Trenton Times
Drop the Puck