Sender:
From:
Todd Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 11:13:25 -0500
>Michael Albert <[log in to unmask]> Wrote
> On 27 Feb 1995, M Alyce Fountain wrote:
>
> > just a note:
> >
> > there is a long history of the rpi band being rude to the brown band.
> > when i went on the union-rpi road trip in 1993 we experienced
> > rudeness similar to what greg described.  in addition, our conductor
> > at the time had his band hat (his dad's class of '69 freshman
> > beanie, adorned with many band buttons and quite a cultural icon
> > to us) snatched off his head (while he was conducting) by an rpi
> > fan.  he had to chase the guy into the parking lot (getting slammed
> > into the wall and swung at by other fans in the process) and only
> > recovered the hat because a friend of the thief convinced him he
> > was being an ass.  (corrections, crism?)
> >

> Wrong, wrong, wrong.  I was (cough) in the Brown Band two years ago, and
> I remember our conductor's hat being stolen - at COLGATE.  Not RPI.
>
> Mike
Mike is correct, I was there. I thought it was funny.  Of course the
band director did not think it was funny.  I knew that we would get
the hat back.  I do agree that RPI is not warm to visiting bands.
Colgate does not have that problem since there is rarely visiting
bands to warm up to.

Perhaps RPI does this to all visiting bands?

> PS No insult to Colgate intended - I thought the whole thing was pretty
> funny.

Todd Cooper
Colgate '85
Let's go 'Gate!
+++++ Just leaving a new exciting signature. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Todd Cooper ([log in to unmask]) Voice: +1-508-366-3888x3282 Fax: +1-508-366-3669
Snail Mail: Vmark Software, 50 Washington Street, Westboro, MA 01581-1021 USA