Sender:
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 00:07:47 -0600
Minnesota Band - can't stand them.  Heck, they sure can play the rouser
well, but playing it 29 times a game makes it a little old.  They always
play over the announcer, and play at inopportune times.  Their reper-
toire consists of all the Gopher fight songs, and a few Disney songs,
like Under the Sea and Friend Like Me (from Aladdin) plus a few other
songs that they play for Penalties, and some drum cadences.  This
is sacreligious to say, but I'd take the WI band any day before the
U of M band.  Personally, I liked the UMD band - a friend of mine
plays in it occasionally, and they have a wide variety of music, you
usually never hear the same song twice.  The Tech band sounded good on
the radio on Friday.  The Wisconsin band finally moved their playing
location to the upper level, I noticed...remember when one of the
Micheletti's took out a few trombones as he skated past?

Just my .02

Go Gophers!
Katie