Sender:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 08:06:51 EST
        Sorry,  I just couldn't resist that subject line:-)   This actually
has nothing to do with the Heal Index posted by Wayne,  but does have to do
with a comment made by Robin Lock.

         I flushed yesterday's copy of HOCKEY-D,  so I wasn't in a position
this morning to check Robin's numbers when he said SLU moved up five spots
by losing both games in Maine.   If true  --  and I'm a little distrustful
of anyone who spends significant  amounts of time in Canton,  NY:-)  --
his comments reinforce my contention that the proper form for a ranking must
have won-loss% in a *multiplicative* relationship with whatever metric is
used for strength of schedule.

        In a week or two I will post another report on the YAM2 as of that
date.   In the meantime,  let me also say that it is perfectly possible for
correct conclusions to be drawn 11 miles west of the center of rational
hockey thought ... once in awhile:-)   (As much as it galls us to admit it.)

        -- Dick Tuthill