Sender:
From:
Ronald Correia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 1994 17:32:21 -0400
 >         While I'm sitting around waiting for the dirt to fly at Snively Arena,
 > does anyone have any new information about the head coach search at Providence?

There's been absolutely nothing in the Providence Journal or anyplace
else, for that matter.  PC just elected a new president (as was announced
yesterday.)  I suspect they were waiting for that announcement before
doing anything with the hockey situation since finances may be an issue.

One very encouraging statement about the new president was printed in
yesterday's paper.  Apparently, he was quoted as saying that he very much
missed the PC basketball AND HOCKEY games which he does not see as a
threat to academic excellence at the college.  That's a relief since the
past president strongly opposed both programs.

I'll post what I can if I ever hear anything...

-- Ron