Sender:
From:
Robert MAYVILLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 13:30:36 CST

I would say no.  But, not to let Sauer off the hook.  I think he should have
taken a more active role in disciplining some the offenders.  He talks as if
these tactics will not be tolerated, but nothing seemed to change.

This mostly started after the 1992 finals with LSSU.  Wisconsin got shafted by a
poor ref.  The current class of seniors were sophomores and were expected to
pick up where the 1990 seniors (NC$$ champs) left off.  The current seniors were
under a lot of pressure to try to live up to the 1990 senior class standards.
The current seniors have been playing with a chip on their shoulders since then.
 I believe Jason Zent set a Badger penalty minute career record.  And he's a
goal scorer.

I think you'll see a different team next year.  Let's hope the memory of 1992
dies with the departure of this senior class.

Bob Mayville
Madison, WI