Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 1994 10:13:47 -0500
New England got pretty good coverage of the regionals, too.  3 of the
4 games from both the East and West Regionals were shown in NE, with
only the WMU-Wisc and LSSU-Mich games not aired.  And of the six games
that were televised, only one - Sunday's Lowell-Minnesota game - was
not shown live as Steve Weisfeldt said.

I wasn't too upset about that (Low-Minn on delay) because at least we
got to see it.  I do wish New England SportsChannel had announced its
plan to show the West games earlier so we might have set the VCR
before we left for Albany.

Kind of amusing to see the Badger fans bashing Bob Norton.  The guy is
heads above anyone else when it comes to color - the best in the game.
Informative, educational, and makes the broadcast interesting.  Of
course, he's going to know more about the Eastern teams because that
is his concentration, and the way things are currently set up there is
not going to be anyone intimately familiar with both the West and East
because there are so few interregional games during the season.  Given
that, he still does an outstanding job.  I'm sure you guys will have
fun this weekend - you're going to get him on all three broadcasts, I
believe.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93