Sender:
From:
Mark Gibbons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 1994 10:38:55 EST
2 things that have been that have gotten a lot of bytes on H-L
lately, cheering & Red's "comings-n-goings".

Cheers, it is too bad that the crowd is stifled, OTH if I
say fuck you asshole in an e-mail post I will most likly be
flamed.  That is one of the reasons so may posters say f*ck you.
Yet the readers here are almost always grown-ups (at least by
age).  If I take my kids to a hockey game it is expected they
will hear 5000 people yell very similar things.  Somehow I felt
stifled when, during a game, I had to explain what "jack-off"
meant to my 11 year-old.  I don't mean to sound like a prude
but most of the crowd is college educated, is it possible to
be rowdy & loud with wit instead of vulgarity?

Red, may be a genius.  A popular belief is that controversy is
good for a team.  It is supposed to help bring them together.
Well, Red has given them something to rally around 8{ )

oh well
       _   _
     -(.)^(.)-
      (     )

As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand