Sender:
From:
Alan Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 10:22:24 -0500
Mark writes:
>Well this version is slightly different than the one posted by
>Alan Hunt.  However, I still don't think we have gotten to the bottom
>of this important (:-)) story.  Can any Wolverine fan tell me if
>Red was drinking Molson Ice?  Is it true the arresting officer was
>a Michigan State alum?

   When I posted my version I just had heard it on the radio and they gave
few details.  I read the paper and hear are more details.  Some officers
were sitting across the streat monitoring traffic and they saw a person
(Red Berrenson) walk out and over to the branch library which is right
next door and urinate on the wall.  Red got in his car and backed it up
into another parking spot and the officers pulled up along side Red and
questioned him.  He calimed he just was moving his car to a new parking
spot and was going to get a ride with a friend.  Also red calimed he
had only had 3 or 4 beers over 4 hours.  He failed several sobrity test
and he was arrested.  His blood alcohol content was 0.12 which is legaly
drunk.

   I must admit I am pretty disgusted.  Urinating on the library is
disqusting and shows no respect for public property.  Also he must
of not been telling the truth to the officers because you do not have
3 or 4 beers over 4 hours and have a bac of 0.12.  Well I guess
everyone makes mistakes and Red will have to face the punishment.  I
personally believe he probably should be suspended from coaching a
game even though I do not know if this falls within the atheltic
departments rules.  I think U of M his the most criminals in its
sports program! :-)

                                           Alan Hunt