Sender:
From:
Matt Rein #3 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 15:05:55 -0600
On Ryan Kraft.

I spent the whole day yesterday down at the Civic Center watching the
state High School tournament.  Ryan Kraft was by far and away the best
hockey player out there.  He plays both ways and obviously can put the puck
in the net.  (He scored 4 goals, the last three in a row, and then got an
assist).

He reminds me very much of Larry Olimb.  And we all know what it ment to the
Gophers (and Warroad H.S.) when Larry was out there.

When Kraft has the puck, the game switches to his tempo.

> Johnson back in town

Speaking of Craig Johnson and Larry Olimb.  Last Friday before the St. Cloud
game I saw Darby Hendrickson and Larry Olimb talking with Craig Johnson's
dad.

By the time the first period was over darn near every ex-Gopher (that isn't
playing pro right now) I could think of was up in the area behind the west
goal.  Nanne, Fabian, Miller, Orth, I can't remember them all.

My younger sister, who still wears an Olimb #17 jersey, was in awe when Larry
took the time to talk hockey with us for about 5 minutes.  I think it made
the season for her.  (and me)

My top three Div. I prospects from downtown St. Paul yesterday:

1. Ryan Kraft     Moorhead
2. Jason Seils    South St. Paul
3. Mike Crowley   Bloomington Jefferson

Also, in the High School Tournament Program St. Paul included a little tour
guide deal called the _Saint_Paul's_1994_Tournament_Fans'_"Where To"_Guide_.
You folks heading in from out of town may want to request a copy.

--
- Matt Rein