Sender:
From:
"Brian F. x5107" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 1994 17:33:29 CST
Mike M. said:

>Although I don't want to see it happen, Maine certainly has the right
>to withdraw from the conference if it believes that membership in the
>conference does not serve its own best interests.

How about this?

The ECAC is about to lose RPI to Hockey East.  Therefore, Maine can go to the
ECAC as RPI travels East (ships passing in the night).  Maine could be travel
partners with Dartmouth and UVM could pair up with Union.

As a bonus, maybe there would be fewer comments about the ECAC being the
"weakest" conference.  For that matter, maybe the ECAC would stop BEING the
weakest conference.  Note here: This wasn't a dig a RPI (especially since they
beat Cornell 9-1 last weekend), but more of a compliment to Maine.

As pure gravy, Maine fans could join in with all the ECAC fans when we do the
"Screw BU" cheer (yes, we still remember 1984).

Brian Frankie
Cornell  '91  '92

P.S.  BTW - imagine lots o' those little smiley face things scattered through
the text.