Sender:
From:
John Grover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 1994 10:20:09 -0500
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
Robert Whitaker ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

: even made the NC$$ tourney. What kind of message would it send to have Maine
: play in the post-season, even after they had three (3) recruiting violations
: in one season and had to forfeit 20 games? It would say that athletic

  I hope the decision to deny Maine post-season play was a better
  informed one. Of the 3 violations brought to light this year, one occurred
  2 seasons ago, and only one of the two violations concerning this season
  is a recruiting violation.

:                               I ask that reconsider this course of action,
: and retain some saving grace for the Maine hockey team. They've already
: been punished enough.

I believe that is the precise point of the (possible) lawsuit. UMaine
officials feel the athletes have been punished enough and to bar them from
post season play is untenable. I admit that it's corny, but if our
founding fathers had just shrugged their shoulders and walked away we'd be
the cricket-l list!

-- John Grover
--
John Grover                             "When you pray for rain,"
Computing Center                        "you got to deal with the mud."