Sender:
From:
Patrick Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 1994 10:57:09 EST
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
Alright, let me put a situation in front of you all...  What is the
purpose of the Forfeits?  Does anyone here on the net really think
that, since Maine must forfiet 30 games, that we are the worst team
in the League, that our record (now 1-30) is indicitive of our
skill?  Imagine if this had occurred last year.  I don't think that
anyone could find more than a handful of people that would say that
maine was not the best team in the league, or that their record
was indiciative of their skill.  BUT, what if The exact same thing
had happened last year, to oh, say Dave Lacoture.  Maine right
now would be 0-30.  But they would probably still be considered
the top team or perhaps in the top 3 teams in the nation, and National
polls should show that.  Should this supposed Maine team, not be
allowed to the Playoffs, because of their record????

     Forfeits (In MY mind) are forced upon the team, because it is
impossible to determine what the game would have been like had that
person not played.  It does not RADICALLY change who the team is.  Maine
is still a skilled team, I can see NO RATIONAL reason as to why they
would not be permitted into any playoffs, HE or National (assuming that
they were going to be invited to begin with.......)  But that's just me....

        Pat Ellis