From:
Justin Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2018 11:39:33 -0500
All major Cellphone carriers have a setup to email directly to a phone.

https://teamunify.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/57460-communication-email-to-sms-gateway-list

lists the email gateways for all major companies.

Example:  If a patron has the cellphone number 1-207-999-9999 and are
a us cellular customer, to send them a txt you would send it to

Quoting Andrea DeBiase <[log in to unmask]>:

> I was wondering if any libraries had a business cell phone for
> texting customers? Often that is how people want to communicate and
> I really do no want to use my cell phone for people I don't know!
> Emailing is fine and many have that on their phones now too. Also
> use Facebook messenger. I also use my own phone to upload programing
> and event photos to the library Facebook page...
>
> Just curious...Happy Thanksgiving and thank you,
>
> Andrea
>

> --
> Andrea DeBiase
> Library Director
> Carrabassett Valley Public Library
> 3209 Carrabassett Dr #3
> Carrabassett Valley   ME  04947
> PHONE: 207-237-3535
>
> I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
> ~Jorge Luis Borges

Justin Martin
Library Director
Abel J. Morneault Memorial Library