From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 91 23:07:25 EST
      I was at the Dartmouth-Clarkson game on Saturday night and saw the
    disallowed goal. Being a member of the Clarkson Pep Band, some of you
    may think me biased.

      From where we were sitting, we could not see much. The band was sitting
    in the back row at about mid-ice. Our view was obscured by the players
    and so I didn't actually see the non-goal, but I was talking to Jason
    Currie, the freshman goaltender for Clarkson who played the second and
    third periods, after the game.

      He told me that, after the scramble in front of the net, he was on the
    ice, and the puck was loose. The Dartmouth player then took four swipes
    at the puck and on the fourth swipe, knocked it into the air over his
    pads. He said the puck went over him, but he reached up and caught it.
    The puck never hit the crossbar or landed on the ice.

      If the puck did cross the line, the goal judge didn't see it, or
    else the goal light would have come on, and the ref didn't see it or he
    would've called it a goal on the spot. In fact, they even consulted one
    of the linesmen, who apparently had a better view of the action. Maybe
    the ref wasn't sure of the goal, so he didn't make the call, in any case
    he didn't call it a goal, much to the Band's relief 8-).

            - Ted Weiler '94
            ***Clarkson U. Pep Band***