From:
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1993 11:57:17 -0400
Constantine may be Canadian or American, I
don't know which. But his being made coach of
San Jose got me thinking: just how many
US-born coaches are there in the NHL?

None, maybe?

Token college content: the latest issue of The
Hockey Snooze lists three Cornellians as likely to
go in the entry draft, and not the five of an issue a
few weeks ago. Holowatiuk, Auger, and
Sancimino are listed. Bergin and Drouin, listed
previously, dropped out of the latest preview.

Paul Kariya (Maine) is projected fifth,a pick which
belongs to either Miami or Eisner, depending on a
coin toss.

Jay Pandolfo (BU) is, I believe, the only
other collegian projected in the first two rounds,
although BU also has two incoming prospects
listed there.

Greg
Cambridge, MA
Go Cornell!
(Alma mater of Ruth Bader Ginsburg)

Not that I'd watch, but does anyone know if ESPN
has plans to broadcast the NHL expansion or
entry drafts of June 24-25, and 26?