From:
John Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1993 08:39:02 PST
> Tom Rowe writes:
>
> >That is, why is college hockey so underdeveloped along the Northern tier of
> >states out West compared to the East?  Is there some historical reason?

I think there is a close correlation to frozen ponds.  Depending on
where you go farther west of the Mississippi, you either don't get the
freeze, or you don't get the pond, or you can't find 12 kids within
12 sq. miles of it.

In Minnesota you have the Land of 1,000 Lakes ( and probably 1,001
stating rinks, especially when the temp is below 0 degF for a long
spell).

-John Hughes
Let's go Tech.