Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1993 09:21:15 EST
A couple of years ago when Northern was involved in the playoffs for the
championship, the Seawolves from the University of Alaska came to town.
My brother who lives in Anchorage and is a blueliner and Seavolves fan
through and through, called me to let me know he had sent me something
special delivery and extracted a promise from me I would wear it at the
hockey game.  I agreed.  A day or so later I received a sweatshirt
with UAA Seawolves across the front.  I wore it to the hockey game,
took a terrific ribbing from the fans in my section, and I am biding
my time.....
Both Northern and UAA are struggling this year and I'm glad NMU beat
Minnesota 7-zip Saturday and glad that UAA won.  Now Steve won't call me
crying because his team lost.  Do you think that UAA will continue to
sponsor the Jeep Nissan Classic next year when they are playing a full
schedule in WCHA?