Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1992 12:48:44 PDT
>The other 7 Northeast-10 schools are in the ECAC East/North/
>South, and they are:

> American International College (AIC) - Springfield, MA
>Assumption College - Worcester, MA
>Bentley College - Waltham, MA
>Quinnipiac College - Hamden, CT
>St Anselm College - Manchester, NH
>St Michael's College - Winooski, VT
>Stonehill College - North Easton, MA

Other than St. Anselm and AIC, I don't remember any of these schools being in
division II back when there were many teams playing at that level (pre-1984). I
always thought that the ECAC North/South was comprised entirely of division III
schools. It's weird that almost all of the division II schools in the ECAC
East/West dropped down while these schools who primarily play against "real"
division III teams didn't.

>Also, Mercyhurst is apparently a DivII school.  But didn't they compete in the
>DivIII tourney sometime recently?  They could be #11.

I don't think that Mercyhurst has ever been in the NCAA tournament. In my
opinion, they deserved to go last year (over Elmira) as they were ECAC West
runners-up and  were 3-0 against Elmira last year. Maybe that's why (being
divsion II) they weren't picked, if they are indeed division II.

Chris