From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1992 18:16:24 CDT
I second Carol's post.  I don't think there's any serious "Dump Woog"
talk.  There is some criticism every March/April from some of
the people who, as Erik once put it, pay attention to Gopher hockey
once a year to see if they won the NCAA.  Some of the criticism, too,
is just for ironic humor.  If someone came in from out of town they might
hear Woog criticized on one of the googles of radio shows in the tone of
"what's wrong with them, they only finish first or second in the WCHA every
year, but they never win the big one!"  I don't think there's really anyone
who's seriously down on Woog.

Pam