From:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1992 21:53:41 -0500
>>John Haeussler said "The Gophers are actually too gentile for hockey."
>>should they recruit more Jewish players?  Them Synagogue Youth leagues
>>produce lots of stars.   ;-)
>
>Thanks, Ross, I love it.  I'm living proof that statisticians cannot
>spell.  For the record, Minnesota is a "gentle" team.

What do you expect.  Minnesota is a state full of goys.

>Also, I believe that David (apologies if it wasn't) mentioned Derksen's
>career win total.  I'd like to see a listing of the top 5 or 10 goalies
>in NC$$ history as far as wins.  As most of you know, I'm not a prominant
>member of the Steve Shields fan club.  However, the Michigan netminder
>is well into the 50's in career wins (53 I believe, but I'm not positive)
>and he's only a sophomore.  Shields isn't the best goalie, but he may
>become the winningest goalie in Division I history.

That is, if Michigan can keep up its winning ways once a lot of their
players leave.  (That is, if they can go to the NHL if there isn't a
strike!)  College teams are cyclical.  Do you know how many seniors and
other drafted players the Wolverines are leaving?

--
[log in to unmask] (Eric Rickin) or [log in to unmask]
Go: Penguins, Red Wings, Jr. Barons, Thunderbirds, and Cavs!