From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2011 23:43:20 -0500
From the Harvard website: "While Harvard's men's and women's teams played out of local
rinks in 1978-79, the 'renovation' of Watson Rink took place. The concrete walls of Watson's
sides were knocked down and the new borders extended 10 feet in each direction. The
wooden ceiling of Watson remained, but a new roof topped it."

That sound to me like they left the ice surface in place. The website also states Watson Rink
was "loved by hockey players for its good, hard ice," which would also lead one to think that it
was left intact. That would mean the ice surface was originally sized in 1956.

Sean Pickett