From:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 21:48:51 -0500
At Hamilton: RPI 2 - 1 Colgate

The teams ended regulation tied at 1.  15 seconds into OT, RPI's CJ
Lee got called for a fiver for hitting from behind, putting RPI way
behind the 8-ball.  But at some point, Chase Polacek grabbed the puck
and got a breakaway.  He got hauled down at the blue line, resulting
in a penalty shot, which he proceeded to net, winning the game for
the Engineers.

Source: WRPI broadcast

I post this not so much to crow about the win (although it is nice to
have the Engineers winning in Starr).  However, it's an extremely
unusual situation; I can't recall the last time I saw a penalty shot,
much less one in overtime.  And to have that shot converted in OT is
beyond rare.

Joe
--
Joe Makowiec can be reached at: