From:
Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:51:13 -0400
I purchased my season tickets for next season today, and while I was
there, poked my head into the Field House.  (The box office is
temporarily located in the East Campus Athletic Village
(ECAV).)  There was a crew in the Field House steam cleaning the
upper works, and what looks like a building-within-a-building going
up on the West end.  The guy I talked to said that they had pulled
about 100 pucks out of the rafters, including one RPI game puck, and
a River Rats game puck.  They also found an 'Eisenhower for
President' pin buried somewhere.  Next step is repainting.

I know that where we sit, in Section 2, there was for about 12 years
a puck hanging off the end of the support beam just over our
heads.  That dissappeared a year or two back.  I suspect that nothing
has been done to the structure since the 8-10 poles were replaced by
4 poles on the corners about 30 years back.

Joe
--
Joe Makowiec can be reached at:
http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe