From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:32:54 -0500
Bummer.  I hope I don't get flak from people who are defending First Nations or Native Americans rights to own their tribal names in terms of nicknames, but I rather liked the Sioux for bucking the NCAA and sticking by their rights.  I never saw anything wrong with the Miami Redmen, either.  BTW, for those of you who do not live back East, have you noticed how Eastern announcers tend to pronounce the Red Hawks to make them sound like "Red Hots?"  At least they aren't insisting that North Dakota change its State name.

Tom Rowe