From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 07:41:32 -0500
You know, David, I question your assumption about the typical fan.  I'm at a Div III school and seldom get to see the Div I games, but I follow them anyway.  Obviously, as a reader of this list and long-time member,  I am an avid fan so maybe not so typical.  Nevertheless, I think the home team turnout would be big for any school you think is a "big name" but also pretty good if you think you are playing a "patsy" because we all like to see our favorites win big.  So Wisconsin hosts Lowell?  I'd go and I bet most of the fans would like to see those games.

The bigger issue is distance.  You need travel partners or you need a two game series because travel between WI and MA for only one game is a bit much.

Tom Rowe - Stevens Point