From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 23:06:56 -0400
I'm not much of an NHL fan since I think they either tolerate or encourage
gratuitous thuggery (in order to placate fans).  The Stanley Cup playoffs
seem better than the regular season since the incidence of violence is lower
(because the stakes are higher).

The post lockout NHL has seen significant changes as has been discussed
before.  Here is my take on some changes  through game one of the finals.
Although I'm rooting for Carolina, I thought it was rather harsh that
Edmonton was given no time to warm up Conklin since he came in due to an
injury (even though the injury was the result of the actions of an Edmonton
player).

I like the idea that the defense gets penalized for delay of game for
dumping the puck out of play in the defensive zone.
I love the idea that the defensive team is not allowed to change players
when they ice the puck.  And, as was discussed on the list previously,  I
REALLLLY love the idea that a penalty in the first period is still a penalty
in the third period and in overtime.

I hope the NC$$ is paying close attention.  Is it too late to discuss rule
changes for the upcoming season??? (And that last sentence was my attempt to
include  some semblance of college hockey  content to my rantings)