From:
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:01:49 -0600
Every time we turn around Cornell fans are lecturing us about over looking
Cornell. I think a lot of people out west in the WCHA and people that I have
talked to think Cornell and for the most part and the ECAC is an over rated
weaker league, not worthy of three teams in the NCAA playoffs. The next
question that always comes up is, who did Cornell beat this past season? Put
Cornell in another league other than the AHA and the CHA and they would
definately be a different team facing different results. Say for instance
put them in the WCHA. I am not saying they wouldn't be good but they
wouldn't win the WCHA league title or the final five.

Lets review Cornell's season they lost and tied MSU (not in the playoffs),
tied Bowling Green (a middle of the road CCHA team not in the playoffs),
then beat OSU (wow impressive) and Notre Dame in the Ever Glades tourney. I
am not saying Cornell is a bad team, they just aren't a great team out side
of the weaker AHA or the ECAC. Beating up on the ECAC teams isn't as
impressive as beating WCHA, HEA or CCHA teams by any shape of the
imagination. Cornell has only beaten one team in the top 15 that wasn't a
ECAC team. So no maybe he isn't over looking Cornell.

Eric Burton

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time with the Blood of
Patriots and Tyrants.