Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:13:52 -0700
As I posted near the beginning of the tournament many commentators considered
the Americans the favourites this year.  The question was whether they would
have the winner's attitude when push came to shove, and they showed they did.
It would be, as the article pointed out, a mistake to point at the fluke goal
(actually the Americans had another lucky goal when a clearing pass hit the
linesman and stayed in directly creating the situation for one of the other
goals) as the mail reason the Yanks won.  They kept their cool and played to
the final whistle and I congratulate them.  It should be a great tournament
next year in Grand Forks.

On another note the Kelowna Rockets traded yesterday for the rights to Jeff
Tambellini who should decide by today whether he is going back to school or
joining the Rockets who, as hosts of the Memorial Cup this year, automatically
have a spot in the quarterfinals.  I've seen them play the Vancouver Giants a
few times this year (and they have the Giants' number).  The Rockets are a
solid team who would be a favourite for making the Cup even if they were not
hosting.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC
GO BU!!! GO GIANTS!!!