Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:40:03 EST
A very logical move for UVM. The ECAC is going to face some tough decisions.
If UConn gets serious about scholarships they will be next. What is
disappointing is the continuing steps backward (Fairfield, Iona, and now Findlay). I
think USA hockey ought to get involved as college hockey is a great way to grow
the sport and encourage home grown players. There are a plethora of US schools
with rinks and no programs. As I was told by Rutgers- right now the club team
is loaded with real students- if we go big time here come the imports.