Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:32:40 -0700
I haven't seen any comments (other than mine) on list.  You folks in the
States are missing the best hockey on the planet which is played in this
tournament.  The kids all care and aren't yet jaded by big money contracts
etc.  Each game is pitting two all star teams with the US team skating
many NC$$ players (and the Canadian team has Steve Tambellini).  The
US/Finland game was the best game I've seen this year with the Finns
fighting hard but just falling short.  The US seems overly dependent on
their first two lines.  Canada skates all four so we'll see how that works
in tomorrow's matchup.  It is available on TSN and RDS up here.  I know
that NHL Centre Ice in the States picked up the US semi game so if any of
y'all have it, or know someone who does, has a chance probably to see
tomorrow's final which should be a barnburner.

By the way, tickets are already on sale for next year's tournament in
Grand Forks, I've got mine.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC
GO BU!!! GO GIANTS!!! GO CANADA!!!