From:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:31:28 -0500
Bob:
The thought of a Big Ten conference is not far fetched. You've got five
schools right now and it doesn't take much imagination to predict that Penn
State (once Joe Pa finally leaves), Iowa, Illinois or Northwestern fielding
a team. Once that happens (and I predict it will, based on $$$ alone), then
the WCHA will need to raid the CCHA to stay viable.

Money talks in all this and I don't see any reason why the shifting sands of
conference affiliation can't affect hockey just as it has done with football
and roundball.  Change is definitely in the wind.

Happy Holidays to All!

Greg Ambrose