From:
Arik Marks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:45:15 -0500
So I'm wondering why all the advocacy for the non-ivies to break away from
the league. Arthur said that the Ivies run the league and that others should
leave if they don't like it.  A fair point.  But the non-Ivies get more
games to play and can offer scholarships.  So where's the handicap?  This
should give a big advantage to the non-ivies.

The Ivies aren't watering down the league though.  Lately the non-ivies have
not been good.

-Last year's final league records had the ivies in the top 5 spots.
-YTD the ivies have the top 6 by points, and 1,2,3 and T5 by winning
percentage.
-The only ranked teams currently from the ECAC are three Ivies.
-Between 1993-2003 there were two IvY frozen four teams and two non-Ivy (CU
'03, SLU '00, UVM '96, Harvard '94) I'd call this a draw on this stat.

So if the league is mired in mediocrity, maybe it is due to the non-Ivies
not getting it done.

Arik

Arik Marks
COrnell '91
Michigan '99
---> How could I get a team in each FF semi last year and yet have none to
root for  in the final???