From:
drakelore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
drakelore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 21:40:36 -0600
I must agree that what one of the tv commentators said tonight was
correct about this game:  It had the intensity of a tournament play-off
game.

Denver came back tonight and did all the little things that they needed
to do.  Minnesota came out and did all the little things they were
supposed to do.  Denver just came up on the better side of a shot.

I will admit to being biased, but I do think that one of the two
back-to-back power plays that were called for Denver in the first
(putting them up 3-1 -and I can't remember which call it was), was
questionable.  But I was watching on TV and no there in person, so
maybe it was.

This was just a great hockey game..not much more to say.  Lots of up
and down hockey, saw lots of skill from players (especially Minnesota's
Vanek), physical play and good goaltending.  Everyone got their money's
worth tonight.

I decided tonight to just sit back and watch after I saw the first few
minutes of the game, so that is why there is not as much detail
tonight.  I am glad I decided to do that.  It was a lot of fun to watch.

Everyone have a good week.

Kathy Martin
Go Gophers!