From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:15:16 -0800
What amazes me is the bottom line of 2.89 goals per game per team. This
is lower than I would think. The NHL average is about 2.5 typically
(altho this may be increasing with the tighter interference calls this
year), and I would expect the college game to be >3.0 typically. There
seem to be more high scoring games in the college ranks, but apparently
this is just a subjective feeling that is wrong on my part. Do you have
the goals per game per team at the end of the last few seasons, for
comparison? Maybe this season is a low-scoring anomaly, at least to
begin with? Then again, with teams like RPI who are lucky to get 2 goals
a game, maybe it isnt. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Tony Buffa
RPI (not Rensselaer) '64