From:
Steve Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:03:59 -0500
Saturday's 4-0 shutout of Harvard at the newly renovated Meehan Auditorium in Providence marked the first time since 1898 the Bears have shutout Harvard since their first meeting back in 1898 when the Bears shutout Harvard 6-0.  Brown Goalie Yann Danis was also named ECAC goalie of the week for his performance including stopping all 30 of the Crimison's shots.  I have to say I was impressed by Brown's performance the team looked very well organized and playing well together on all lines, Coach Grillo and his staff must have been working hard in the last couple weeks after practice opened on the 15th for the Ivy teams. It was the most solid 60 minutes of Brown hockey I have seen a while with solid effort throughout, the passing and organization of the lines seemed much improved it was also a highly disciplined game for the Bears with only six total penalties between the two teams another key improvement I noticed was non hesitation for the most part to take shots, which for those who have watched the Bears before know is a problem being too selective on shot taking.  Saturday we saw 3 quality goals and then an open netter at the end.  On another note, the flow of the game was superb thanks to the fact we had 2/3 of last years top ECAC officiating crew in town with referee Scott Hansen  and linesman Glen Cooke boy what a difference quality officials make to a game you can actually enjoy the hockey being played we hardly saw these guys last year in Providence except for the Harvard-Brown playoffs up in Cambridge at the end of the season so hats off to them.

Support Brown Hockey!

Steven R. Thompson
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Department of Political Science