From:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:57:50 -0600
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard, ... which is good enough for
> me.  When all the jocks are at home in their upstairs bathrooms, the "weighted"
> geographic center of the meat that makes up Division I hockey, which averages
> 189.34 pounds per player when they first enter the bathroom, is located at 45°
> 8' 20.68" N - 87° 0' 55.98" W,  near the tip of Wisconsin's Door Peninsula, 1.3
> miles southeast of Ephraim, or 1.6 miles east of the Ephraim-Fish Creek Airport,
> or about16.6 miles north of Whitefish Bay, in the middle of a dead orchard we're
> going to rename Indy-Appleless.

So Bob.... since you've gone through all the trouble to compute this, I think
we need to make a ceramic dalmation out of it.  Who is the current men's
division 1 player living CLOSEST to this spot?  What does he weight?  And what
name can we come up with for the "award" to give this guy???  (I think I'd vote
for "Meanest Located Player" :-).

Hmm, this is all beginning to resemble a Monty Python routine.  WE WILL HAVE
NO RAMANT, INCESSENT SILLINESS HERE!

Garrett Lanzy (Michigan Tech '84, Go Huskies... beat 'dem Tigers!)