From:
Bob Rothwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Rothwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:47:52 -0500
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE   Contact Bob Rothwell
March 12, 2002  (401) 865-2201

PROVIDENCE SENIOR DREW OMICIOLI TO SUIT UP FOR P-BRUINS

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Providence College men’s hockey senior Drew Omicioli
(West Warwick, R.I.) has signed an amateur tryout agreement with the
Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League, the top minor league team
of the NHL’s Boston Bruins.

Omicioli finished his collegiate career on Saturday night at Boston
University’s Walter Brown Arena in the final game of BU’s two-game sweep of
the Friars in the best-of-three HOCKEY EAST quarterfinals. Omicioli
finished fourth on the Friars in scoring as a senior, totalling 14 goals
and 16 assists for 30 points in 37 games. The Friars posted a 13-20-5
overall record and a 8-13-3 mark in HOCKEY EAST play.

Omicioli, whose older brother Mike played for the P-Bruins during last
year’s 2000-01 season,  is expected to play tonight, Tuesday, March 12,
when the Providence Bruins take on the Lowell Lock Monsters at Lowell’s
Tsongas Arena.

– FRIARS –
Bob Rothwell
Senior Assistant Director of Athletic Media Relations
Providence College
phone: (401) 865-2201
fax: (401) 865-2583

GO FRIARS !