From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:22:40 -0500
> to stir some discussion, these were the brackets I got:
>
> 5W Michigan (C)                    6E Mercyhurst (M)
> 4W St Cloud (W)                    3E Maine (H)
>      1W New Hampshire (H)--+--2E Boston Univ (H)
>      2W Minnesota (W)    --+--1E Denver U (W)
> 3W Mich State (C)                  4E Cornell (E)
> 6W CO College (W)                  5E AK-Fairbanks (C)

I suspect the selection committee would simply switch UNH & DU. It's
simple and leaves only UAF traveling out of the ordinary ... and they
already travel quite a ways, what's another 1500 miles? :)

The down side of trying to minimize travel is that conferences will
meet more than usual in the regionals, and would generally be limited
to 2 teams in the Phrozen Phour (above gives CCHA potential of 3).

Thanks, John!    cheers, wayne
Wayne T. Smith                    mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET              University of Maine System
The College Hockey mailing lists: Hockey-L & Hockey3 at
http://lists.Maine.edu/