From:
Roger Pasque <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Pasque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:25:10 -0800
Since people were talking about warmer climates to
host the Frozen Four ... I think Oklahoma City could
be a good host ...

granted they would need a host institution like
Anaheim had with Alaska-Anchorage

But Oklahoma City has many things to offer:

New downtown arena built with hockey in mind (NHL
standards)
Nearby (walking distance) Bricktown developing with
restaurants, a canal similar to San Antonio but not
quite as nice and future business that would hopefully
be in place by 2007
A couple of downtown hotels and numerous others just a
few miles west of the arena

Experience in hosting numerous NCAA events:
NCAA Woman's World Series
NCAA Wrestling Championship
NCAA Basketball sub regional
Big 12 baseball/softball tournaments
NCAA Men's Gymnastics Championships coming to Norman
this year(same weekend as frozen four)

one of the most successful minor league hockey
franchises in the country (I believe they have
averaged 8-10,000 through the years)

a local organizing committee that is experienced in
putting on the above championships (The All-Sports
Association)

Other sites:

The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum
http://www.cowboyhalloffame.org/index2.html
(feel it would be a great place for the Hobby Baker)

Remington Park
and other places of interest...

Thanks for allowing me to put my $.02 in
Looking forward to being in St. Paul