From:
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 16:45:15 -0600
"Rowe, Thomas" wrote:

> Gotta disagree there, Nat.  True, most fans are responsible and hockey fans, being the most intelligent, good looking, best educated fans of all, are likely to be the most responsible, unlike those hotheads at Cricket matches that hollar insults at players.  But, in the end, it doesn't take very many drunks or very many drunken brawls in stands to really spoil it for the majority.  Can't stop it in a pro event, but you can in a college format.  I support the ban.  Too bad if it means some people can't have their brewskies during a game, but I suppose they could always drink before and after and just use the game instead of a beer for enjoyment.

Actually it wouldn't be to hard to shoot holes in that theory since the conference tourneys are fair game for drinking and I haven't seen a major problems at the past three final fives that I have attended. I think one reason for this is the extensive ID pollicy the Target and Excel center had for the tourney. I think that is horrible justification for not allowing beer sales at the site of the NCAA tourney. I think in some instances the NCAA is an institution  that needs to losen the reigns and lighten up a bit... I agree with the person that likened them to the Moral Majority or authority. Yesh. We can get our morality lessons from our churchs...