From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:53:17 -0500
Here is what I think I've read..

(1)  If you play Major Junior A (Canandian Hockey League) you are "tainted",
according to the NCAA, and must sit out a year *in residence* for every year
you play Major Junior.  Plus I think there is a game requirement to be made
up, also (see Kirk Lamb, Princeton).

(2)  The new amateurism legislation in D3, which closely mirrors what is on
the table in D1, states that for every year you play Major Junior after HS
graduation, you must sit out a year *in residence* at your college.

(3)  What I am not sure on is the player who plays Major Junior while still
in HS.  Are they still "tainted" under the new rules?

Joe LaCour
Clarkson '77/'78
DeMatha Hockey back-to-back
http://www.demathahockey.i8.com/Champion.html