From:
"MacKinnon, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MacKinnon, John
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:33:29 -0500
We're trying to get Washington Caps Owner Ted Leonsis to bid on a Phrozen
Phour at MCI Center.  With 80% of the college hockey campuses capable of
direct flights to one of the 3 major airports including many very cheap by
Southwest to BWI, the tournament would definitely sell out IMHO.

Moreover, with the Smithsonian, Zoo, White House, Capitol, Arlington
Cemetery, Old Town Alexandria etc.. I remain confident that people won't
twiddle fingers on the off days.

Besides our temperatures in April usually remain very nice and that should
coincide nicely with the Cherry Blossom's on the Potomac.

Ted emailed me two months ago fearing that he would lose money on the bid.
I assured him that the Phrozen Phour actually makes money unlike many other
NC$$ championship events.  If you can sway him with any additional support,
just email him at [log in to unmask]

He really does read his email and responds back.