From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:05:57 -0500
Hi -

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Troy D. Mills wrote:
>> Despite the large majority of center ice seats in the lower bowl
>> reserved for the NCAA and (presumably) Wild season-ticket holders,
>> I think the Xcel people did a pretty good job ....
>
> As far as I know, there was no priority given to Wild Season Ticket
> Holders. They had to go through the same process as everyone else.

  If true, that's a welcome change from the policy used in 1999 - the
last time the Frozen Four was contested in an NHL arena.  I spoke to
several Mighty Ducks season ticket holders in Anaheim, and all of them
said they'd been offered "nice seats between the blue lines" if they
opted to attend the NCAA Tournament as part of their '98-'99 season
ticket renewal package.  Now, part of this may simply have been because
the games were being played in Anaheim, which remains the only FF venue
I've ever attended (in 14 years) where we sat on the beach in our shorts
watching surfers in the morning, and then watched hockey On Frozen Pond
in the afternoon :-)  I wonder if Bruins season ticket holders were
granted any priority at the Fleet in 1998 ??  It may all be a moot point
anyway, as it appears the coded (by years attended) ticket lottery is
here to stay; it's already been announced that tickets for the 2003 FF
in Buffalo will be awarded in the same fashion as 2002.  We'll all be
a year older for this next go 'round, and - presumably - one step higher
in priority :-)

  Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim