From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:03:33 -0500
Hi -

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, J. Iwen wrote:
>> I'm curious (and cynical), did anyone receive tickets that weren't in
>> the upper bowl?
>
> After 4 out of the past 5 years in the upper bowl, I got Section 104,
> row 4. No complaints. :)

  Well you know, some of us actually *request* seats in the upper bowl
(as I love the view from up there if positioned in the right place :-)
and I'm thrilled with my seats.  But I understand that not everyone likes
to sit up high, just as everyone's favorite flavor of ice cream is not
vanilla.  Despite the large majority of center ice seats in the lower bowl
reserved for the NCAA and (presumably) Wild season-ticket holders, I think
the Xcel people did a pretty good job; the large majority of (multiple-
year) lottery winners I've talked to received seats in the lower bowl.
Given the alternative (did anyone else notice the vast swath of prime
center ice seats in the Olympic E Center devoted to the media ?!?!) I'll
not be complaining TOO loudly re: Frozan Four tix distribution.  Besides,
the key issue for me each year is where to eat/drink comfortably between
the semi-final games, a challenge met with superb aplomb by the HOCKEY-L
dinner coordinators each Spring.  While the teeming thousands wait in
interminable lines at every bar within a 6 block radius of the Arena, we
get to eat/drink in STYLE - what a treat !!!  Three Cheers to Kathy in
advance, and to everyone - past, present and future - who've made the
Thursday semis such a treat from start to finish ....

  Cheers from the Chesapeake - see y'all in St. Paul - Jim