Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:07:32 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

<UNH snip> wrote:

> I got a kick out of <Maine snip> (and others, I guess) with their ranting
and
> raving about UNH, a Durham cover up, Umile a cheater et al.  Some Maine
fans
> have been waiting since their team's first suspension (1993-1994) to get
back
> at somebody . . . anybody!  The only problem is that, once again, they
look
> foolish.

The "only problem" is that the personal vendetta between a few Maine and a
few UNH fans has been playing out on this list for the last six years.

Each side's partisans come gleefully yelping with each new misfortune that
befalls the other.  At this point I've lost track of the arcana of just why
one program or the other is supposed to be some sort of Arctic Antichrist.
The only memorable image is that each has a small set of fans who act like
children.

Geez, just finish the job --  have a statewide knock-down drag-out snowball
fight / ice-fishing meet / drinking binge to sort it out or something, so we
can all get back to "who's dirtier, Brown or Princeton?"...  ;-)

--

*  Greg Berge