From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1992 17:02:04 -0700
> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1992 14:54:47 -0500
> From: Richard Edward Vehlow <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: high glass.
> To: Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L <[log in to unmask]>
>
> As an engineer, I propose the following design:
> Have a mesh curtain descend from the ceiling and be affixed to the top of the
> glass. That way, people can still shout at the player's and refs, nothing can
> be thrown on the ice, high bank shots won't work, everyone can still see the
> games and the curtain can be quickly detached by rink staff and retracted for
> other events in the arena.
>     What do y'all think?
>
> -Richard E Vehlow
> RPI '91, '93 mechanical engineering

I think it stinks, and i've cleaned this version up from what i
originally said.  The netting makes things harder to watch.  We have
netting at the ends of the arena, as does the Broadmoor.  Since the
Broadmoor put in the netting at the end, people try not to sit there.
To convince yourself of how irritating it is, take some netting with
you to the next game and hold it in front of you and look through it.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
  or even         (719) 593-3492