From:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 00:48:12 -0500
Semi 1
Michigan 4  UNH 0
2 great stops by Marty Turco in the 2nd seemed to take the life out of
UNH.  I thought for sure that UNH had potted goals, but either it looked
like they did not get all of the puck, or Marty guessed right and VOILA!
the puck was in the net.

Bubba's first goal was a great example of following your shot.  Matile
made a nice save off the initial slapper, but kicked the rebound right
back and Bubba had essentially an empty net to shoot at.

Semi 2
BC 5  OSU 2
I thought BC was going to give this one away.  Us observers in the upper
deck thaought we were seeing a replay of the Beanpot semi vs Harvard.

Brian Gionta will break every BC scoring record by the time his career
end in 3 more seasons.  The line of Reasoner-Gionta-Powers dominated the
Buckeyes.   But, for the most part they were the only line putting
sustained pressure on OSU.

My only fault of BC was not putting OSU away when they had the chance.
This game should have been a blowout, but BC's inability to finish almost
cost them.

The major check from behind from my view should have been called charging
or baording.  It appeared that thr BC player set himself up to get nailed
from behind.

The Bands
1) OSU
2) UM
3) UNH
4)  BC

Both the HEA bands were 2 sections over, while the CCHA bands were across
the building.  BC's band appeared listless..  tEh students had more pep
than the band.
OSU & UM both sounded well.  OSU wins because they brought the
cheerleaders :).

Building
Not a bad seat in the house.  I was in row 11 in the upper deck and had a
great view of the ice.

It's almost 1 AM and I need some sleep.  See you all in the AM.

Joe
Clarkson '77

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]